Friday, June 24, 2011

Asian Edamame Stir-fry



My wok is my best friend in the kitchen. I cook with it all the time, even when I'm not making stir-fries (shh, don't tell. I feel like that's gotta be illegal in the culinary world). I like the size of it and how it cooks all the veggies evenly. One easy dish I made the other night was an Asian Edamame Stir-fry. I don't measure amounts of ingredients when I cook so I'll do my best to explain what I did. I cook for 2 people with hearty appetites (me and the bf) and we sometimes have leftovers for lunch.

Ingredients:

1/2 large red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, diced
1.5 - 2 cups edamame
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 head of broccoli
couple handfuls of fresh baby spinach
rice vinegar
toasted sesame oil
low sodium soy sauce (you can sub in Bragg's liquid aminos or tamari if you are gluten-free)
Pam spray or cooking oil (vegetable or extra virgin olive oil) - whatever you sautee veggies in normally or what you have on hand

1. Heated up wok with Pam or oil on medium to high heat. Add in onions and garlic and sautee for a few minutes until softened and onions start to become translucent. Keep an eye on it to make sure the garlic doesn't burn - stir occasionally.

2. Add in carrots and broccoli and cook until starting to soften.

3. Add a dash of soy, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. I usually go once or twice around the pan with the soy and rice vinegar. The sesame oil is added in a smaller amount - usually a drizzle since it is powerful in flavor.

4. Lastly, add in spinach and cook until wilted down.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment