Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Berry Smoothie



I have a killer sweet tooth. I could eat a cupcake everyday if I let myself (the chocolate vegan cupcakes from down the road at Kickass Cupcakes hold a very special place in my heart). However, I would be large and in charge if I allowed myself to do this, so I am always looking for alternative ways to get my sweet fix. Now that it is warm out I am all about smoothies. So fast and adaptable to any palate.

Ingredients:

1 bag or 2.5 cups of mixed frozen berries (unsweetened)
1 ripe banana
1 cup milk - could be from cows, almonds, coconuts, soy - whatever floats your boat!
1/2 cup water
Optional: tablespoon flaxseed or chia seed for extra health boost

1. Put in blender and blend until smooth. Can't mess that up. :)

Makes 2 large servings.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I even freeze the bananas. They get even sweeter when frozen!
    Your fellow sweet tooth,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete