Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 23 - Fighting gravity

DAY 23 - June 1, 2011

Wednesday night and I was off to Back Bay Yoga for vinyasa with Georgia. I dodged tornadoes, thunder storms, drunk Red Sox fans and PSYCHED UP Bruins fans to make my way downtown for class. The skies grumbled with heat and electricity as I rolled out my mat onto the hardwoods. We started out class on our backs, block between our thighs, knees over hips or legs straight up, pressing the block, legs squeezing towards one another. This may sound easy but go and try it. Hang out there for a few minutes. Hello abs. It's almost like Georgia read my last blog about her class when I may or may not have mentioned my "flubby abs". She definitely had us paying very close attention to our cores the whole class. Georgia, are you out there?

We practiced headstand prep and, again, no dice on lifting both feet off the ground at the same time. I'm working on it though. One of these days...

Another goal of mine, that I attempted in class tonight, is Eka Pada Koundinyasana (demonstrated by B.K.S. Iyengar):


I totally fail miserably everytime I try this. I'm convinced that gravity has a certain affinity for my bum. I will get this though, in due time my friends.

Day 23 overall: Fightin gravity with everything I got, but she is fighting back something fierce. Didn't let it get to me though. Great class and happy I didn't get sucked up into a tornado. If I have to go head to head with natural forces, I'd rather battle it out with gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment