Monday, October 17, 2011

Wellness Plan Day 1

October 17, 2011

It's day one and I'm feeling optimistic about this new challenge. I like that it is not called a "detox" or a "cleanse" but rather a "whole living action plan". By focusing on what you can have - all those good things that will nourish you - you won't feel deprived. At least, that's what I'm hoping!  I've taken note of my weight this morning and generally how I am feeling. I got a decent night sleep last night, but still feeling a bit sluggish.

According to the plan:

Foods to Avoid
+ Added sugar
+ Processed foods or beverages
+ Alcohol
+ Caffeine
+ Wheat/gluten
+ Eggs
+ Dairy
+ Peanut products
+ Fruit juices (very high in sugar)
+ Soy, including soy sauce
+ Corn



Eat mindfully - giving yourself at least 20 minutes per meal


Tune out - Limit technology and take breaks from it; reduce or eliminate TV/online time. Since I can not avoid the computer during the day at my job, I will reduce/eliminate TV time at night.

Read more at Wholeliving.com: 
Whole Living Action Plan 2011, Week 1: Pare Down and Purify 

My game plan for today:

1. Start the day with a fruit smoothie (Naked green machine drink) and a piece of fruit
2. Lunch will be a salad filled with greens, veggies, and beans (red and chickpeas). Dressing will be balsamic and olive oil
3. After work yoga! :)
4. Millet bowl for dinner

Tonight I will prep some food for the week (cook up some lentils, beets and grains and make a smoothie for the morning - I might even roasted some veggies if I am feeling ambitious).

Over the weekend, my main focus was on food shopping for the week. I also started to cut back on the caffeine. I had a small coffee on Saturday and then switched over to one cup of tea on Sunday. Today I may have a cup of green tea and will drink ALOT of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment