Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WP Day 10

Back on track. It's a dreary, rainy day but that's ok because I got a good night sleep last night and I'm feeling optimistic about the day. To wind down last night, I took a long super hot shower and we washed the sheets so everything was fresh. I love clean and this definitely helped me find my slumber. I was feeling sick and rundown so I think my body was just ready for a solid night sleep too.

For dinner last night, I chose to give this recipe a try which ended up being AWESOME. This will definitely be in the repertoire from now on for sure.

Lightened up Protein Power Goddess Bowl (from the Oh She Glows blog.)

We used brown rice instead of speltberries (I'll search for these next time, just wasn't in the mood last night). I never cooked with nutritional yeast and didn't know how vital it would be for the recipe, but we ventured out to get some and I am so glad we did. It definitely adds a creamy, almost cheesy, dimension to the dressing that would have been missed if it was omitted. The fiance advised me against using the word "cheesy" to describe any kind of yeast, but hey, that's what its like!

Today's tastiness:

- Banana and Bora Bora bar
- Quinoa salad from Good Neighbors company - I've had this other days because its easy to pick up at the local store by work. It has quinoa, green & red peppers, dried cranberries, herbs, lemon juice, olive oil, spices.
- Leftover Goddess Bowl from last night.
- Gala apple and pear for snacks

I have a late night tonight since I am teaching a 7:30pm yoga class, but I think all these foods will keep me good and fueled up!

No comments:

Post a Comment