Thursday, October 20, 2011

WP Day 4

Crazy morning. Waited over an hour for my bus to come. As I was standing around the bus stop I overheard some people talking about there being a back-up on a nearby bridge that was causing the delay. I grumbled to myself and cursed the MBTA under my breath, but eventually the bus arrived and I tried to brush it off. I made it to work and stopped in to get my cup of tea (Orange Spice today) at my regular convenience store. I was chatting with the store manager as I prepped my tea when he said "Did you hear? Some woman jumped off the BU bridge this morning. I don't think she made it". Immediately everything came together from what I had heard at the bus stop and I realized that if waiting an hour for a bus to come constitutes a "bad morning", then I am doing quite ok.  Thoughts go out to whoever that woman was and her friends and family.

Seems trivial to talk about my food plan after that, but alas, it does go on:

- Green goodness smoothie (6oz.)
- Banana and dry roasted pistachios (1.75 oz.)
- Leftover sweet potato and kale soup from last night's dinner
- Mango
- Veggie chili - minus the cilantro. I hate cilantro. But that's just me.

Whole Living Action Plan tips for today:
- Develop a relaxing routine of your choice 30 minutes before bed (reading, taking a bath, etc)
- Skip the gossip!
- Use deep breathing to release tension
- Find quiet time in your home
- Exercise

Hug those you love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment