Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 10 - Personal Space

DAY 10 - May 19, 2011

Personal space. A concept ruled by culture, preference and situation. I like my space, but living in a city where I need to throw 'bows just to get on the train to get to yoga class, I regularly battle to maintain a piece of my own personal real estate. So when I finally get to class and I am mat-to-mat with my fellow Bostonites (as lovely as they all are), it takes some restraint not to get a little irked by this. Don't get me wrong - it is freakin' outstanding that so many people are flocking to get their sweat/enlightenment on, but sometimes I just want to sidebend without getting groped by the dude with uber long arms next to me. But it's all good. Patiently dealing with these situations, taking them in stride and not getting my panties in a bunch is what its all about. I'll just remember to breeeeeeaaaath when I go to jump back to chaturanga only to find that my neighbor behind me has folded my mat over, since her mat space clearly wasn't enough room for her to practice her handstands on. Ok, I'll stop now. Om mani padme hum...

But anywho, Thursday night class with Ame kicked ass as usual. Time flew by in what felt like a blink of an eye. I am 1/3 of the way through the 30-day yoga challenge and feelin' good. Taking this time to rededicate myself to my practice has been a blessing. I encourage you to find time to engage deeply in something you love.

Day 10 overall: Last time I checked I wasn't invisible, but it sure felt like it today. Patience tested, outcome surprisingly okay. Feeling optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment