Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 12 - The Garden Project

DAY 12 - May 21, 2011


My yoga for the day was one of service (and manual labor). We tackled the back garden and planted tomatoes, carrots (from seed), red onions, zucchini, yellow straightneck squash, cauliflower, beets, arugula, sweet peas, cucumbers and saved a thyme bush. Seed potatoes are also drying out and prepping for there home in the earth. I'm already dreaming of all the tasty meals that will be made from our homegrown veg.

Whether you have a green thumb or not, I think it is important to be aware of where your food is coming from. I am all about buying organic, local and sustainable food when possible. Check out what this means here: http://www.sustainabletable.org/issues/eatlocal/#what.

Happy noshing.

Day 12 overall: As a former geologist, I felt right at home in the dirt. Pleased with all of our hardwork and eager to see what comes out of it. Since I spent all day with my hands in the ground, I guess this means I will have to double up yoga classes sometime before the 30 days is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment